December 1 & 2, 2021 | 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM MST | Live online conference
Alberta Society of Professional Biologists, the Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta, and the Association of Alberta Forest Management Professionals are excited to be hosting the second annual online collaborative conference.
This collaboration between the professional regulatory bodies registering biologists, chemists, and forest management professionals enables opportunities to improve professional competencies of regulated professionals through inter-disciplinary professional instruction and networking.
The audience will be the Associations’ respective registrants; multi- disciplinary professionals include 2300 professional biologists, 500 professional chemists, and 1600 forest management professionals working in government, industry, consulting, and academia across Alberta. Registration is open to practitioners of other professions and from other jurisdictions. Students training in post-secondary institutions are also invited to attend free of charge.
Online delivery and virtual formats have assisted organizations and events in response to COVID-19, and current health and safety measures indicate online format will continue to be the norm for the foreseeable future. While in-person networking is hard to replicate, online events have added significant value. Online platforms improve attendee accessibility by eliminating travel and enable enriched content because we are able to expand the pool of participating speakers.
This event will be facilitated by Nextech/Inferno AR using a professional conference management platform. Speakers will present to attendees via virtual auditoriums which include opportunities for live Q&A sessions with presenters. Attendees will be able to tailor their educational experience from a range of professional speakers across various disciplines and topics. Attendees will be able to network with other attendees and exhibitors throughout the conference through video and text-chat in networking lounges and customizable and interactive booths in the exhibitor hall.
Conferences like the CPC3 aid in professional development and networking; key aspects for developing a professional career. That's why free student registration is available for future professionals to help develop your professional network and start you on the road to professional development.
ACPA, ASPB, and AAFMP will sponsor a limited number of students wishing to attend the annual CPC3 Conference.
A limited number of sponsored passes are available and will be allocated based on the following guidelines:
- students without a prior school agreement must apply for registration using the form;
- successful applicants must meet all of the application criteria;
- priority will be given to applicants who are registered as student registrants with either the ACPA, ASPB, or AAFMP;
- sponsorships meeting all criteria will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis;
- a maximum of 80 sponsorships will be awarded.
Successful applicants must:
- be pursuing a professional career - preference given to Chemistry, Biology, or Forestry professions;
- be registered students at any one of the accredited programs listed by the sponsoring professional regulatory bodies;
- be registered as either a full- or part-time student as of the conference date;
- demonstrate professionalism;
- complete the application form in full.
NAIT Forestry Technology students should check if they qualify for prior attendance agreements prior to completing the application.
Videos submitted will be posted online for the 2021 CPC3 Cultivating Professional Communities Conference for all participants to watch. Any regulated or non-regulated registrants of AAFMP, ACPA, or ASPB can enter the competition. Submissions from both individuals and teams are accepted.
Videos should fit within one of the 3 categories:
- Illustrate an aspect of your position as a professional practitioner
- Demonstrate multi-disciplinary work being done with other professions
- Working in teams
The winner of each category will receive an Amazon gift card valued at $500 (One award per group submission).
Entry Deadline: October 29, 2021