ACPA Water and Wastewater Treatment Course
Friday, March 2, 2018
08:00 AM- 16:30 PM
The Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta is pleased to offer a one-day course on water & wastewater treatment.
Basic application of water, water quality, water chemistry and laboratory measurement methods are discussed. Further water and wastewater treatment terms and methods such as sedimentation, coagulation, filtration and ion exchange will be reviewed. Specifically, water and wastewater issues for the oil and gas industry will be addressed. Some examples are flow back water and produced water.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts including water quality and evaluation methods; turbidity, color, hardness, alkalinity, solids in water and wastewater (TS, TVS, TSS, VSS, TDS, VDS, FDS), and organic aggregate measures (BOD, COD, TOD)
- Define water treatment terms such as colloids, coagulation, flocculation, precipitation, ion exchange, membranes, carbon adsorption, chlorination, disinfection, softening, re-carbonation and sludge
- Recognize different stages of water and wastewater treatment known as primary (mainly physical), secondary (biological) and tertiary (physical-chemical) treatment methods
- Understand characteristics and source of flow-back and produced water in oil and gas industry
- Be familiar with produced and flow-back wastewater treatment methods
Who Should Attend
This one-day course provides an overview and basic understanding of water and wastewater treatment. If you are working in water and wastewater related industry as a chemist, technologist, manager, engineer or simply are interested in the subject matter this course is recommended for you. Please note that there is no prerequisite required. Course materials will be provided.
Registration fees (includes continental breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks):
Early-bird registration (received by Feb 16, 2018)
One day course – $285 for ACPA members, $335 for non-members
Regular registration (received after Feb 16, 2018, and before Feb 28, 2018)
One day course – $335 for ACPA member, $385 for non-members
Student registration (received before Feb 28, 2018)
One day course – $75
To register online, log in to your account at the top right-hand corner of this web page, hover over Member Menu and click on Event Registration and follow the instructions from there.
If you are not an ACPA member, you can create an account and use it to register online as per the instructions above. If you have questions, call the ACPA office at 1 (780) 413-0004.
If you need accommodations, call Hotel Blackfoot directly at 1 (403) 252-2253 or 1 (800) 661-1151 and quote booking ID #16476 to get the special rate of $129 per night on March 1-3 (standard Signature room).