2020 Call for Nominations
All on Board!
Consider an exciting opportunity to help your Association and serve as a member of the ACPA Board of Directors. Nominations are now open and must be received at the ACPA office by March 25, 2020, with the written consent of the nominee. The nominee must be a member in good standing, and the nomination must be signed by at least three (3) members in good standing. If the three sponsoring members cannot all sign a single copy, they can each fax, mail, or email a copy of the nomination form with their signature and the name of the nominee to the ACPA office.
New Directors will be elected and installed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on May 9, 2020.
Duties of All ACPA Directors
- Participate in Board of Directors meetings – about 10 per year including a full-day meeting in Red Deer in the fall. Meetings are typically teleconference meetings weekday evenings, with two in-person meetings per year;
- Promote the principles of the ACPA to the public;
- Encourage qualified individuals to join the ACPA;
- Serve on Executive Committees to carry out designated tasks. Executive Committees of the ACPA include the following:
- Nomination Committee
- Discipline Committee
- Practice Review Committee
- Technical Seminar Committee
- Registration Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Awards Committee
- Student Liaison Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Governance Committee
ACPA officers will be selected from the Board of Directors by its members as per the Bylaws.
If you have questions about serving on the Board or getting more involved with the ACPA in other ways, please feel free to contact the ACPA Executive Director, Kathy Janzen, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.